Lost Towns Brewing Company (opened in December 2018) is a nano-brewery and tasting room in Central Massachusetts. We are committed to brewing with and show casing local Massachusetts grown ingredients. Lost Towns Brewing has a 49 person occupancy tasting room. We are currently selling our entire production from the tasting room in Gilbertville, MA. We brew a large variety of beers that reflect the inclusive environment of our tasting room.
As the first full-time hire, the founding partners see the tasting room manager as a vital member of the staff with potential to grow within the company and steer the brewery into the future. This is a highly dynamic position with a focus on all aspects of the tasting room upkeep, efficient front of house workflow, elevation the customer experience, hiring and managing tasting room staff.
As a new company, we are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and is willing to go above and beyond and do the necessary work to be successful in this position.
You’ll wear a lot of hats as the Tasting Room Manager at Lost Towns Brewery. From scheduling and training, to event coordination, to driving sales through creative promotions; you’ll be responsible for helping us achieve our company goals. Our goal is to be an admired Massachusetts brand with strong ties to our community and local agriculture.
In order to achieve this goal, you’ll be asked to be action oriented, and demonstrate an ability to problem solve in the moment.
You’ll need to be fully engaged in the local community to understand our customers and to uncover potential strategic business partnerships. You’ll need to be well organized and communicate frequently with ownership.
Key Job Duties
- Create an unparalleled customer experience
- Drive tasting room revenue and performance
- Create an unparalleled employee experience
- Maintain excellence in communication across teams
- Hire, train and manage tasting room staff
- Coordinate and manage staff schedule
- Manage tasting room inventory
- Assist with off-site events
- Oversee cost control and tasting room profitability
- Develop protocol and enforce a clean, friendly and welcoming environment for all guests
- Manage, coordinate and assist with tasting room events
- Be actively involved with in-house team sensory panels
- Maintain daily quality control metrics
- Train new employees and provide periodic performance evaluations of staff
- Help develop innovative ways to drive sales and elevate the customer experience
- Meet regularly with ownership to review challenges, goals, and success
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- 3 – 5 years Management experience hospitality or retail
- Nights and weekend availability
- Must be passionate about all aspects of craft beer
- Previous brewery or craft beer bar experience is preferred
- Knowledge of craft beer styles and basic knowledge of beer production and serving requirements
- Strong customer service and exceptional management skills
- TIPS certified
- Knowledge of craft beer, especially MA craft beer
- Proven success in a customer-facing role
- Experience in a fast pace workplace
- The ability to multitask, make decisions and act on emergencies
- Experience with planning and executing successful events on-site
- Experience with planning and executing successful events off-site
- Strong time and schedule management skills
- Social media content management
- Ability to lift 60lbs (for moving kegs)
- Light travel for industry trainings, meetings or off-site events
Competitive salary in line with experience.
Lost Towns Brewing Co. is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org